WHO MAY APPLY
To determine if your organization’s project is eligible to apply for a Technology Education Foundation grant, please review the important criteria below.
Remember that ONLY the types of organizations under the eligible list will be considered for funding.
NOTE: This grant program is for applicants/programs in Dane County and the greater Madison areas.
The following types of organizations are eligible to apply for TEF funding:
- Nonprofit (in the U.S., 501(c)(3) designation) or non-governmental organizations that hold charitable status in their country
- K-12 school programs (during school and non-school hours)
- Government funded and operated organizations
- Nonprofit healthcare facilities (example: Hospice Care)
The following are NOT eligible to apply for Technology Education Foundation grants:
- Private foundations
- Nonprofit organizations without a current 501(c)(3) exempt status or non-governmental organizations without equivalent charitable status in their own country
- For-profit health-care facilities
- Conferences or symposia
- Sponsorship of events, tables, exhibitions, or performances
- Fundraising events such as luncheons, dinners, walks, runs, or sports tournaments
- Political, labor, and fraternal organizations
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation
- Organizations or programs operating outside Dane County and the greater Madison areas
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible organizations are welcome to submit proposals for the Technology Education Foundation (TEF) grant program. You may fill out the online application (scroll to bottom of page) or mail your proposal to the address listed below. A formal, written proposal is required along with the following information:
A. Application summary
B. Cover letter – Submitted on official letterhead of organization and signed by a representative with authority to submit a grant application.
C. Description of Project – Must include the following information:
- Description of the mission of the organization, the amount of money requested, and the purpose of the contribution;
- Description of the problem you wish to address, the solution you propose, and a detailed description of how the TEF grant will be incorporated;
- Proposed project budget with all other anticipated sources of income;
- Plans to measure and evaluate program results;
- Copy of an IRS 501(c)(3) ruling or other documentation substantiating tax exemption status;
- Name, address and telephone number of the project contact person.
RFPs can be mailed to:Technology Education Foundation • PO BOX 44787 • Madison WI 53744
Proposals with incomplete information or organizations that do not meet eligibility requirements will not be considered for funding.
Please email with any questions about the TEF grant application process.
Deadline: 2024 Application Period will be announced in November 2023
Sample Proposal: Review this example of a past proposal.